Monday 30 September 2013

It's My Party (Jessie J song)


"It's My Party" is a song by English singer-songwriter Jessie J, released as the second single from her upcoming second studio album, Alive. The song was written by Jessie, Claude Kelly, John Larderi and Colin Norman, and was produced by Max Martin and Shellback. The track premiered on UK radio on August 5, 2013, and was officially released in the UK via iTunes on September 15, 2013. Jessie recorded the official video at the end of June and it was directed by Emil Nava.


Background

"It's My Party" is a mid-tempo song written by Jessie J, Claude Kelly John Larderi & Colin Norman. The song received its first radio play on Capital FM on August 5, 2013 and was released on September 15, 2013. The song shares its title with Lesley Gore's 1963 hit song. Speaking on the syndicated radio show, InDemand with Alex James, Jessie revealed that is was her detractors who inspired the song. "A lot of the time the haters - I hate calling them haters but that's the easiest way to sum it up - they need love more so than anyone else," she said. "I don't think hate does anything for the world. It doesn't do any good. I wanted to make sure I had a song that represented what I'm about."

No comments:

Post a Comment